THE BREXIT PARTY – guidance on the voting papers
We have had a number of enquiries about voting in the European elections, to be held tomorrow, Thursday 23rd May, so we have prepared the following guidelines:
The European Parliamentary elections are different from our usual national and local elections. Most importantly, on your ballot paper you need to vote for The Brexit Party, not for any individual candidate.
British Members of the European Parliament are elected as a list of candidates that represent the region you live in, rather than local constituencies. You are voting for The Brexit Party list of candidates.
• The European elections are tomorrow, Thursday 23rd May. Polling stations open at 7.00 am and close at 10.00 pm.
• If you have not received your cards, you can still vote. Simply go to the polling station, provide your name and address to the staff seated inside, and they will give you a ballot paper. You may wish to bring some form of identification just in case.
• Our title is The Brexit Party, so we are listed under the letter T.
• This means The Brexit Party could be well down the ballot paper. You may have to unfold the ballot paper to see The Brexit Party ‘arrow’ logo and box where you place your cross.
• While you will see a list of our candidates in The Brexit Party section of the ballot paper, you are voting for the party only. You therefore place only one cross in The Brexit Party box.
It is so important that we make sure all our supporters vote so please spread the word and make sure all your family and friends get out and vote for The Brexit Party!
Thank you for your help.
Together we can change politics for good.